SEGRO Park Rainham Phase 2 set to push sustainability and innovation boundaries
The strong and growing demand for industrial space in East London has triggered the speculative development of five new units comprising 108,000 sq ft at SEGRO Park Rainham. Phase 2 will bring together advanced sustainability innovations and on-site amenities to enhance the well-being and productivity of its occupiers and their employees.
Building on the success of the first phase, the five units which make up the second phase are between 11,000 and 36,000 sq ft in size and represent a significant progression in design and innovation.
The development is targeting carbon neutrality and will incorporate a number of sustainability features aimed at enhancing employee wellbeing and which will help it achieve WELL ‘Core’ accreditation, such as a living feature ‘green’ wall inside a reception area, translucent wall and roof panels to allow in more natural daylight, and a ‘pocket park’ amenity space to enable people to take a break in a natural environment.
Other notable benefits include photovoltaic roof and wall panels to provide additional office heating, electric car charging points and an expansive landscaping programme which will see local habitats enhanced by the introduction of trees, wildflowers, hedges and wood piles to encourage native animal, bird and amphibious species.
Alan Holland, Business Unit Director, Greater London at SEGRO, said:
“The idea behind the East Plus partnership was to invest in creating high-quality, well-connected industrial space to attract successful companies into this part of London, helping drive growth, opportunity and regeneration in the process. Across all phases, we expect the scheme to create hundreds of employment opportunities for local people within a broad range of industry sectors.”
“We are particularly proud that SEGRO Park Rainham continues to push the boundaries of industrial development and innovation for our customers in East London. The leasing success to date, coupled with the growing interest for space in this prime location, means we can progress the next stage of delivery with confidence.”
As one of East London’s most advanced industrial and warehouse developments, the first phase of SEGRO Park Rainham attracted significant occupier interest which has led to owner, developer, manager SEGRO successfully leasing four of the five available units.
Around 140,000 sq ft of space has been leased to date to a range of companies including Mitsubishi Electric, MEP Hire and Babcock, leaving one final 70,558 sq ft unit available for occupancy. Furthermore, SEGRO Park Rainham also incorporates an Enterprise Quarter, a pioneering hub providing workspace ranging from 500 sq ft to 2,000 sq ft for start-up and smaller business, which has attracted 20 businesses since launching in the summer of 2018.
Since launching East Plus in partnership with the Greater London Authority, SEGRO has made significant progress in bringing jobs and attracting businesses to the previously under-developed area, which comprises 86 acres of brownfield land across Newham, Barking & Dagenham and Havering.
SEGRO Park Rainham has spearheaded the project, which is one of the most significant regeneration and employment space creation projects in London and is set to deliver 1.4 million sq ft of modern industrial space in total over the 10-year programme.
Notes to editors:
SEGRO is a UK Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), and a leading owner, manager and developer of modern warehouses and light industrial property. It owns or manages 7.8 million square metres of space (84 million square feet) valued at £11.7 billion serving customers from a wide range of industry sectors. Its properties are located in and around major cities and at key transportation hubs in the UK and in eight other European countries. See www.SEGRO.com for further information.
ABOUT SEGRO PARK RAINHAM
- SEGRO Park Rainham is considered by SEGRO as a testbed for sustainability innovation. With a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ and EPC ‘A’ rating, the units feature photovoltaic panels, LED lighting, solar panel walls and electric car charging points.
- SEGRO Park Rainham combines innovation, proven expertise and customer support with Grade A industrial facilities, fundamental for an efficient supply chain. Located adjacent to the A13, SEGRO Park Rainham offers fast access to Central London and the M25. Beam Park Station (proposed completion 2020) is only a 5- minute walk with a journey time to Liverpool Street Station of 20 minutes.
ABOUT EAST PLUS
- In October 2015, SEGRO was selected as GLA’s preferred partner to deliver East Plus, due to its unrivalled track record in modernising and regenerating industrial space.
- Part of the then-Mayor’s vision for East London, East Plus is the redevelopment of 86 acres of brownfield land across Newham, Barking & Dagenham and Havering, set to deliver 1.4 million sq ft of modern industrial space over the next 10 years, acting as a catalyst for the wider regeneration of London Riverside.
- As part of a joint vision for East London, this wave of development supports local trade and provides opportunities for inward investment, whilst keeping East London’s industrial heritage alive. The partnership will be one of the largest to create employment space on public land in London.
- SEGRO Park Rainham and future schemes will maximise training and employment opportunities with up to 4,400 jobs and will create a new vibrant destination for business.
- The park boasts unrivalled transport connections with easy access to both Junction 31 of the M25 and the A13 in less than ten minutes. Short distances to the Port of Tilbury and London Gateway Docks, alongside Barking Intermodal terminal, link Rainham to national and international transport networks, with fast access to Central London and London City Airport.