Quartet of new customers sign up at SEGRO Park Rainham’s Enterprise Quarter
15 companies now signed up to the Enterprise Quarter, less than six months after launch. Site transformed from derelict land into a hub of employment activity
The Enterprise Quarter, a pioneering hub which provides dedicated workspace for start-up and smaller businesses at SEGRO Park Rainham, has attracted four new customers, taking the total number of businesses to 15 in less than six months.
The Date Company London, a business which imports and packages 100% organic dates for supply to luxury retailers, and Noor Chand Electrical Solutions, an electrical installation contractor, have each taken a unit on the Enterprise Quarter at SEGRO Park Rainham, which forms part of the £180 million East Plus regeneration programme.
Alongside The Date Company London and Noor Chand Electrical Solutions, KK Inspiration, shipping storage and courier company, and C-Tec London, a start-up company specialising in the supply and distribution of building products, have also taken units to join the thriving small business community at SEGRO Park Rainham.
The Enterprise Quarter comprises 42 units ranging from 550 to 3,750 sq ft, is targeted at providing flexible and collaborative workspace for SMEs, who will also benefit from gaining access to a unique programme of business support, training and development opportunities whilst being able to take advantage of flexible lease terms to upsize their units as they grow.
Alan Holland, SEGRO’s Business Unit Director Greater London, said:
“These four new customers represent the perfect example of the cross section of companies we are attracting to SEGRO Park Rainham and reflect the diversity of businesses from the area From retro fashion t-shirts and building products, to organic dates and electrical contractors, the quality of well-located, modern space at the Enterprise Quarter clearly has broad appeal to those business people wanting to expand and grow their enterprises.”
Farakh Iqbal, Co-Founder of The Date Company London, said:
“The space itself and the location at SEGRO Park Rainham is ideal for our requirements. We are the UK’s only specialist organic date company, we apply all our fillings and package the product on-site before distributing to our network of luxury retailers.”
Shiraz Islam, Director, Noor Chand Electrical Solutions, said:
“The Enterprise Quarter provides us with the perfect environment, both in terms of its location and quality of workspace. There is a real buzz around SEGRO Park Rainham, it’s attracting a lot of new companies to the area, creating employment and generating a thriving and dynamic business community.”
SEGRO Park Rainham is spearheading the East Plus partnership which is one of the most significant regeneration and employment space creation projects in London. Since its inception in 2015, SEGRO has transformed 33 acres of once redundant land into high quality work space, securing a wide range of customers at SEGRO Park Rainham and the nearby SEGRO Park Newham.
SEGRO is a UK Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), and a leading owner, manager and developer of modern warehouses and light industrial property. It owns or manages 6.9 million square metres of space (74 million square feet) valued at over £10 billion serving customers from a wide range of industry sectors. Its properties are located in and around major cities and at key transportation hubs in the UK and in nine other European countries.
See www.SEGRO.com for further information.
About East Plus
- In October 2015, SEGRO was selected as GLA’s preferred partner to deliver East Plus, due to its unrivalled track record in modernising and regenerating industrial space.
- Part of the then-Mayor’s vision for East London, East Plus is the redevelopment of 86 acres of brownfield land across Newham, Barking & Dagenham and Havering, set to deliver 1.4 million sq ft of modern industrial space over the next 10 years, acting as a catalyst for the wider regeneration of London Riverside.
- As part of a joint vision for East London, this wave of development supports local trade and provides opportunities for inward investment, whilst keeping East London’s industrial heritage alive. The partnership will be one of the largest to create employment space on public land in London.
- SEGRO Park Rainham and future schemes will maximise training and employment opportunities with up to 4,400 jobs and will create a new vibrant destination for business.
- The park boasts unrivalled transport connections with easy access to both Junction 31 of the M25 and the A13 in less than ten minutes. Short distances to the Port of Tilbury and London Gateway Docks, alongside Barking Intermodal terminal, link Rainham to national and international transport networks, with fast access to Central London and London City Airport.