MEP Hire joins SEGRO Park Rainham
Long-term commitment marks further progress for SEGRO in East London. First large industrial unit at SEGRO Park Rainham
MEP Hire, which specialises in supplying tools and equipment to the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and commercial fit-out sectors, has taken a 23,800 sq ft unit at SEGRO Park Rainham.
The company has signed a 15 year lease and will take occupation in early spring 2018. It is the first large industrial letting at SEGRO Park Rainham, which will provide a further four large industrial units once complete.
The new MEP Hire facility will be well-located adjacent to the A13 and within easy reach of the M25 and Central London. It will support over 30 jobs, and is part of the first phase of the East Plus regeneration programme which could create up to 4,400 jobs for local people in East London.
Since launching in partnership with the Greater London Authority in 2015, SEGRO has made significant progress in bringing jobs and attracting businesses to the previously under-developed area.
In January, SEGRO announced that several local businesses have taken space at its Enterprise Quarter, also at SEGRO Park Rainham, which offers 42 flexible units for start-ups and smaller businesses.
Alan Holland, SEGRO’s Business Unit Director Greater London, said
“Signing with MEP Hire at SEGRO Park Rainham delivers quality industrial space and creates employment opportunities in the London Borough of Havering.”
“The fact we have secured this long-term commitment before construction is complete underlines there is dearth of high quality industrial space in East London. We look forward to working with the Greater London Authority and key stakeholders to bring forward further development to meet the needs of retail, logistics and manufacturing businesses in 2018.”
East Plus comprises 86 acres of brownfield land across Newham, Barking & Dagenham and Havering, and is set to deliver 1.4 million sq ft of modern industrial space in total over the next 10 years.
Carl Huntington, Managing Director of MEP Hire, said
“SEGRO Park Rainham is an excellent location from which to expand our London business, given the amount of construction activity in East London. We look forward to opening the facility in spring 2018.”
Cllr Roger Ramsey, Leader of Havering Council, said
“We are very happy to welcome MEP Hire to their new home at the SEGRO Park in Rainham.”
“As the first large industrial letting on the site, it’s a sign of things to come. This development offers a great base for local businesses, and is set to create thousands of jobs for residents in Havering.”
SEGRO is a UK Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), and a leading owner, manager and developer of modern warehouses and light industrial property. It owns or manages 6.3 million square metres (68 million square feet) of space valued at over £8 billion, serving customers from a wide range of industry sectors. Its properties are located in and around major cities and at key transportation hubs in the UK and in nine other European countries.
About East Plus
• In October 2015, SEGRO was selected as GLA’s preferred partner to deliver East Plus, due to its unrivalled track record in modernising and regenerating industrial space.
• Part of the then-Mayor’s vision for East London, East Plus is the redevelopment of 86 acres of brownfield land across Newham, Barking & Dagenham and Havering, set to deliver 1.4 million sq ft of modern industrial space over the next 10 years, acting as a catalyst for the wider regeneration of London Riverside.
• As part of a joint vision for East London, this wave of development supports local trade and provides opportunities for inward investment, whilst keeping East London’s industrial heritage alive. The partnership will be one of the largest to create employment space on public land in London.
• SEGRO Park Rainham and future schemes will maximise training and employment opportunities with up to 4,400 jobs and will create a new vibrant destination for business.
• The park boasts unrivalled transport connections with easy access to both Junction 31 of the M25 and the A13 in less than ten minutes. Short distances to the Port of Tilbury and London Gateway Docks, alongside Barking Intermodal terminal, link Rainham to national and international transport networks, with fast access to Central London and London City Airport.