SEGRO Logistics Park Saint-Quentin-Fallavier (38) receives a double environmental certification
On Wednesday December 6, 2023, Jean Papadopulo, President of the Communauté d'Agglomération Porte de l'Isère, Mathieu Gaget, the new Mayor of Saint-Quentin-Fallavier, and Laurence Giard, Managing Director of SEGRO France, planted a remarkable tree at the SEGRO Logistics Park Saint-Quentin-Fallavier to symbolize SEGRO's commitment to sustainable development and the protection of biodiversity
The SEGRO Logistics Park Saint-Quentin-Fallavier illustrates SEGRO's commitment to the environment, with a BREEAM "Excellent" certification and a BiodiverCity© Life label - awarded for the first time to a site in the operational phase. These commitments aim to reconcile economic development, sustainable development and the restoration of biodiversity, in line with SEGRO's corporate social responsibility program, known as Responsible SEGRO. Initiatives undertaken include:
- The creation of a collaborative vegetable garden and orchard;
- The planting of over 200 trees;
- The creation of a green unit covering almost 2 acres, including a 6,000 sq m landscaped pond and the conservation of an existing grove of almost 3,000 sq m;
- The design of an educational trail to raise awareness of biodiversity issues;
- The installation of a rooftop photovoltaic power plant that will generate 4,520 MWh of electricity, equivalent to the annual consumption of 900 households.
The site, formerly owned by SOCARA, the Leclerc group’s distribution center covering the entire AURA region, and acquired by SEGRO in 2018, included 50,000 sq m of obsolete buildings that were deconstructed. 95% of the materials, i.e. 70,000 tonnes of concrete and asphalt, were reused in situ. The SEGRO Logistics Park Saint-Quentin-Fallavier is the result of the conversion of a brownfield site into a modern, sustainable real estate complex, and in line with SEGRO's commitment to promoting low-carbon growth and achieving net-zero carbon by 2030.
At the heart of the Chesnes business park, France's 1st logistics zone located 35 km from Lyon and 15 km from Lyon Saint-Exupéry airport, the SEGRO Logistics Park Saint-Quentin-Fallavier covers 87,000 sq m on a vast 20-acres site, divided into 4 buildings:
- Building A, 27,000 sq m, delivered in November 2021 and leased to LDLC, France's No. 1 high-tech and hardware retailer;
- Building B, 45,000 sq m, delivered on December 7, 2023, and leased to Groupe BBL, specialists in transport organization and logistics services, covering all stages of the supply chain;
- Building C, 10,000 sq m, delivered in October 2023 to BANSARD INTERNATIONAL, experts in freight forwarding and overseas logistics;
- Building D, with 5,000 sq m of business space, for which planning permission has just been obtained, is aimed at SMEs specializing in logistics services, R&D or production.
A total of 400 jobs will eventually be accommodated within this real estate complex.
Laurence Giard, Managing Director, SEGRO France, comments:
"Adopting sustainable practices that respect our environment, in all our company's activities, is an integral part of our strategy to achieve a net zero carbon target by 2030.
This new development represents our most exemplary environmental and biodiversity protection project to date, demonstrating our refusal to stand still and illustrating the high standards we set ourselves in order to move forward on the path to sustainable growth."
SEGRO is a UK Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), listed on the London Stock Exchange and Euronext Paris, and is a leading owner, manager and developer of modern warehouses and industrial property. It owns or manages 10.3 million square metres of space (110 million square feet) valued at £21.0 billion serving customers from a wide range of industry sectors. Its properties are located in and around major cities and at key transportation hubs in the UK and in seven other European countries.
For over 100 years SEGRO has been creating the space that enables extraordinary things to happen. From modern big box warehouses, used primarily for regional, national and international distribution hubs, to urban warehousing located close to major population centres and business districts, it provides high-quality assets that allow its customers to thrive.
A commitment to be a force for societal and environmental good is integral to SEGRO’s purpose and strategy. Its Responsible SEGRO framework focuses on three long-term priorities where the company believes it can make the greatest impact: Championing Low-Carbon Growth, Investing in Local Communities and Environments and Nurturing Talent.
Striving for the highest standards of innovation, sustainable business practices and enabling economic and societal prosperity underpins SEGRO’s ambition to be the best property company.