Environmental & Sustainability
Environment: Championing low-carbon growth with an aim to be be net-zero carbon by 2030
Social: Supporting local communities with a focus on providing training and helping people build the skills they need to gain employment.
Governance: Being a good neighbor and enhancing the spaces beyond our buildings.
Our ambitious mandatory sustainability policy sets out six key commitments to achieve these goals:
- Embodied carbon: Reducing impacts through BIM and LCAs studies
- Solar energy: Maximising coverage on all our buildings
- Energy Data: Use renewable energy and collect data
- Building certifications: BREEAM "Excellent", EPC B.
- Electric vehicle charging: installation 20% of all parking with electric charging capability
- Biodiversity and wellbeing: features on all our buildings.
We place great emphasis on integrating biodiversity into logistics construction. We develop environmentally conscious sites and design them to promote and sustain thriving ecosystems.
We develop urban farms through local activities with farmers and animals.
Our farms are home to a variety of animal species including:
- 10 donkeys
- 20 sheep
- 5 cows
- 50 hens
- 11 geese
- 250 beehives
We are proud of our green heritage, which includes various types of plantings adapted to the characteristics of the local environment.
Our plantations include:
- 100 Olive trees
- 150 Lemon trees
- 300 Pomegranate trees
- 85 Apple trees
- 200 Rosehip bushes
We collaborate with small local entities for the transformation of raw material into end products.
Some of our products:
- Shampoo with apple juice (5,000 bottles)
- Wool with various uses: Wool balls, blankets, scarves
- and hats (400 kg per year)
- Hand cream made with donkey's milk (5,000 packs)
- Eggs (10,000 units per year)
- Honey pots(2 tons pots per year)
- Apple juice (3,000 bottles per year)
- Plum jam (2,000 jams per year)
- Myrtle Liquor (1,000 bottles per year)
We support local business projects by active collaboration.
Some of our achievements:
- Logistic didactic factory - Colleferro (RM)
- Collaboration agricultural school - Novara (NO)
- New swimming center - Landriano (PV)
- Modernisation of a primary school - Landriano (PV)
- Interventions on green areas - Stupinigi Palace (TO)
- Basketball team sponsor - Colleferro (RM)
- Basketball sponsor at Maddaloni
- "Premio Alkan" supporter