Helping drive the evolution of East London
SEGRO is delighted to share its plans to regenerate 17.5 acres of strategic industrial land into a thriving new industrial and warehouse development, SEGRO Park Courier Road.
We are responding to a chronic lack in supply of modern and sustainable industrial space in East London. Our plans will help combat this by delivering this brand new development, comprising of 18 units, and totalling 302,910 sq ft (c.28,000 sq m).
This represents an investment by SEGRO of over £100M that will deliver flexible space for a range of businesses, create job opportunities within the London Borough of Havering and attract inward investment from outside the Borough on underutilised land, an important part of ‘levelling up’ the local economy.
SEGRO Park Courier Road is set to meet the highest sustainability standards and will be an exemplar industrial park for East London.
Aerial view of SEGRO Park Courier Road (computer generated model)
1,730 – 3,570 SQ FT
Designed as flexible workspace for local start-ups and SMEs
c.30,000 SQ FT
Designed as a space-to-grow for local businesses and other medium sized SMEs
37,700 – c.95,000 SQ FT
Designed to meet the requirements of larger businesses looking for a regional presence in the Borough
Our community & environmental impact
From creating training and employment opportunities to developing quality open spaces and biodiversity around our sites, we invest in everyone’s future prosperity.
In partnership with our customers and suppliers, as well as local authorities and community groups, we identify specific needs and areas where our input can have the greatest positive impact. We use our convening power to bring different voices together and find synergies.
Pushing sustainability boundaries
We are future proofing our industries and communities by building and running lower carbon properties and investing in carbon capture technologies. We will be pushing the boundaries in innovation and sustainability at SEGRO Park Courier Road through a number of features and initiatives, such as:
- Reducing embodied carbon through sustainable construction materials, such as using timber in lieu of steel on smaller-sized units
- Utilising passive design measures, such as building fabric and rooflights, to maximise natural light and ventilation
- Ensuring flexibility and recycling principles are included within the design
- Generating renewable energy through photovoltaic panels
- Delivering cycling and electric vehicle parking to encourage sustainable travel
One of SEGRO's beehives at the Slough Trading Estate
We recognise that our developments play an important role in providing the right environment, both for people that work inside of our buildings, as well as the habitat that is provided alongside them. That's why SEGRO Park Courier Road will be an industrial park with biodiversity built in with the following considerations:
- Setting aside c.25% of the 17.5-acre site for landscaping
- Planting of a variety of native shrubs, trees, wildflowers and wildlife beneficial species
- Installation of bird and bat boxes and creation of habitat refugia to provide cover for invertebrates and small mammals
- Creation of a wildlife attenuation pond along the northern boundary
Together with sustainability and biodiversity, wellbeing is also at the heart of our buildings' design and construction. As such, we have factored in a number of wellbeing principles to deliver a healthy, productive and progressive place to work, such as:
- Trim tail providing pedestrian connections around the entire development
- Activation of the Courier Road entrance to create a welcoming, positive and green frontage
- Contemporary office space, with natural light, indoor water features, breakout spaces and balconies
- Pedestrian link through to CEME to allow use of their facilities and the synergies which can be created
- Maximising employees' experience through a range of outdoor amenity areas, seating areas and space to unwind
Creating jobs & training
By investing in local training programmes and learning resources we enable local communities around our developments to build highly valued skills that our industries need. Creating powerful talent pools and enhancing career prospects in the areas where we operate. Through the delivery of SEGRO Park Courier Road we want to ensure that:
- All construction jobs are advertised through the Council's preferred employment partner
- Our main contractor will consider local SME suppliers
- A target of 20% of net new construction jobs are filled by local residents
- Training and employment opportunities are available for local unemployed residents
- Funding is committed to help local residents acquire their CSCS cards
- Engagement with local schools and work experience opportunities for local students
Apprentices at SEGRO Park Hayes
OUR COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT IN THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HAVERING SO FAR
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate in and have been actively involved in the London Borough of Havering for several years.
We enable the community and local SMEs to benefit from our presence through our Community Investment Plan, which seeks to deliver charitable funding, employment and education programmes, local supply chain initiatives, and environmental improvement projects.
So far we have invested £185,000 in skills and employment initiatives in Havering, and a further £40,000 in Havering Works job brokerage service to help residents access employment and training opportunities in the Borough.
Some of our other local initiatives include the rejuvenation of neglected outdoor space in Havering and the set up of an enterprise hub (in partnership with the Greater London Authority and the Borough) which helps businesses explore new technologies and improve their productivity and competitiveness.
Read more about our community involvement here.
We remain committed to keeping residents informed of our plans and providing you with an opportunity to continue to raise any queries with us regarding the development.
If you have any questions or require future information about our proposals, please get in touch via the contact form below. You can also read the proposal overview about SEGRO Park Courier Road from the downloads section.