In 1948, to coincide with the birth of the UK’s National Health Service, The Slough Industrial Health Service was created to provide occupational health support to 16,000 employees in the Slough Area.
1949 saw the advent of Slough Estates Ltd’s first overseas business as Slough Estates Australia Pty Ltd acquired over 600 hectares of land to the West of Melbourne before subsequent expansion into Sydney.
In 1950, a year after establishing a business in Australia, Slough Estates Canada Ltd was incorporated, with acquisitions in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.
1951 saw Lord Perry retire from the business, Sir Noel Mobbs followed him in 1957.
By 1954, the company’s property portfolio was valued at over £4m.